The 2017 Honda Civic: Safety You Can Count On
These active safety systems work in the background to make your drive safer. These systems come standard on all trim levels, unless otherwise noted.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control: Helps you maintain control of the vehicle while cornering in under-turn or over-turn situations. Also helps keep your Civic going on loose or slippery road surfaces.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Prevents the wheels from locking up while braking to avoid uncontrolled skidding.
- Electronic Brake Distribution: Automatically varies the amount of force applied to each wheel based on speed, road conditions, and load.
- Brake Assist: In the event of an emergency, this feature helps you come to a stop more quickly.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Gives the driver extra eyes where you need them when navigating out of tight spots. Includes guidelines to make difficult maneuvering even easier. The EX-T, EX-L, and Touring models include dynamic guidelines that adjust to show you where the Civic will end up.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System: Always ensures proper tire pressure and notifies you when the tires are over- or under-inflated.
- LED Daytime Running Lights: Always stay visible with bright running lights during the day.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: Available on all models, this system detects vehicles in your path; when the Civic gets too close, the system applies braking as needed to avoid an unfortunate accident. The CMBS comes standard on the Touring model.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: This feature detects the lane markings and prevents your Civic from unintentionally crossing into other lanes. This system is available on all models and is a standard feature on the Touring trim.
Honda has developed a lot of new technologies in the area of passive safety. These features, available on all models, passively ensure your safety in the event of an unavoidable collision.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure: Honda’s signature body design distributes energy evenly in the event of a collision and directs it away from the driver and passengers.
- Airbags Where You Need Them: Advanced front airbags automatically determine what level of power the airbag should be inflated to. SmartVent front side airbags inflate quickly and include vents to deflate quickly and prevent injuries from the airbag deployment. Side curtain airbags give added protection in the event of a side impact and include a rollover sensor that predict impending rollovers.
- Sturdy Seat Belts: The Honda Civic is equipped with three-point seat belts in all seating positions, including an automatic tensioning system in the front. The LATCH system allows you to easily install car seats for younger passengers. If driver and passenger seat belts are not fastened, a notification will appear on the dash, reminding you to get everyone to buckle up before you head out.
- Added Child Safety: The rear doors include child-proof door locks to prevent children from unintentionally opening the doors.
Gone are the days when drivers have to constantly deal with steering and speed adjustments. Driver-assist technology features such as those offered on the Honda Civic help reduce that stress so you can enjoy your drive:
- Lane Keeping Assist System: This feature reduces fatigue and driving stress by reducing steering correction movements and driving effort on the highway.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Detect slower- or faster-moving objects in the path of the vehicle and automatically adjusts to maintain a safe following distance.
- Honda LaneWatch: Standard on the EX model and up, Honda LaneWatch displays live video from a camera mounted on your passenger-side mirror, giving you a clear view of your blind spot before changing lanes.