Expect Excellent Safety in the 2018 Accord
Active safety features and systems are distinguished from other safety elements, such as passive safety features, for a handful of reasons, the main being that they are almost always in action. From the second the key is inserted into the ignition, drivers will be granted protection from excellent active safety features such as:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – The TPMS helps drivers to keep an eye on the pressure of each individual tire, so that they know when it’s time for a fill-up.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – The suspension system does a great job of keeping the Accord stable, but added help from this traction control system makes traversing various terrains and road conditions simple.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Accidents are easier to avoid with the help of this system, which can bring the vehicle to a stop if it detects danger of a front-end collision.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the vehicle begins to sway from the road onto the shoulder, this system can correct the driver’s steering and bring the vehicle back where it belongs.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines – The ability to see everything behind the vehicle from three different angles makes it easier to back in and out of tight spots.
Unlike active safety features, passive safety features lie in wait until they are needed, offering protection in the event of an unavoidable collision. Three-point seat belts, LATCH, and child-proof rear door locks are just a few passive safety features that you may already be familiar with. Here are a few more:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure – Sometimes a collision is inevitable; ACE body structure is designed to direct the impact of the crash away from everyone in the vehicle.
- Seat Belt Reminder – Never forget the first rule of road safety with this reminder system that prompts you to buckle up.
- Airbags – One of the best safety measures that the 2018 Honda Accord has in place is its great airbag systems, which consist of SmartVent side airbags, side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, and dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags.
Driver-assistance features are interactive ways for drivers to stay informed and aware of their surroundings, making the roads safer for everyone. These features consist of high-tech aspects such as a Head-Up Display and auto high-beam headlights. Just a handful of the other features in this department include:
- Lane Keeping Assist System – To help drivers actively prevent accidents, this system alerts them with a series of lights and sounds when they begin to leave their lane without signaling.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Give your foot a much-deserved rest with the help of this speed-regulating cruise control system.
- Traffic Sign Recognition System – This system ensures that you’ll never miss a road sign, no matter how hidden it may be.
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor – This system will alert drivers if there are obstacles approaching the vehicle from either side when they attempt to reverse.