Honda Accord Safety Features Earn the Trust of New England Drivers
Active Safety Features
Your Honda Accord is unlikely to ever be involved in an accident, and active safety features are the reason why. They’re fitted across all trims to help avoid danger by sharpening performance, enhancing your awareness, and improving visibility.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Cycle between three viewing modes (Normal, Top-down, and Wide) for a complete view of what’s behind your rear bumper.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control: Monitors speed, throttle position, individual wheel speeds, steering angle, lateral G-force, and yaw rate to detect and correct understeer for flawless control.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Even slamming on the brakes won’t lock up the wheels.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD): Whenever you apply the brakes, braking pressure will be intelligently distributed between wheels to bring your vehicle to a safer stop.
- Brake Assist: When you hit the brakes hard for an emergency stop, Brake Assist senses the increase in pressure and helps slow the vehicle down faster.
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL): Provides low-level daytime illumination proven to increase visibility and reduce the chance of accidents.
As noted by Motor Trend: “The 2018 Accord received the highest overall rating of five stars from the NHTSA* and is considered an IIHS 2018 Top Safety Pick.” The 2019 model has not yet been rated, but a lack of body changes make the same reassuring crash-test results all but certain.
That’s largely down to the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure designed by Honda to direct impact energy away from the passenger compartment in the unlikely event of a collision. A string of further passive safety features combine to protect you against injury in the unlikely event of an accident.
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH): Lower Anchors (2nd-Row Outboard), Tether Anchors (2nd-Row All)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder
Honda has helped push the boundaries of safety technology further than ever with their revolutionary Honda Sensing suite.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): Radar and camera scan the area ahead to warn you of potential collisions. Should you fail to react, the brakes will be applied automatically to avoid a collision or lessen the force of impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): A front-facing camera detects road edge markings and uses corrective steering pressure if you start to cross them.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Ideal for stop-start traffic across New England, Adaptive Cruise Control adjusts your present cruising speed up and down automatically to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Receive audible and visual warnings if you deviate from your chosen lane without signaling. Continue changing lanes without signaling and corrective steering pressure will re-center your vehicle.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): A front-facing camera recognizes traffic signs and puts their information on your driver information center.
Available Driver Assistance Features
You can upgrade safety beyond standard models with two additional driver assistance features.
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI): Lets you know when vehicles are in your blind spot and provides an alert to prevent unsafe lane changes.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor: Scans for vehicles approaching from left or right as you reverse