Safety Features of the 2019 Honda HR-V
Honda Sensing Technologies
Distractions are common on the road, but with the Honda Sensing package, you’ll enjoy constant additional protection against common dangers and collisions. Each of the features detailed below uses a combination of cameras, sensors, and AI-powered processing to prevent collisions and keep you safely in your lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: When you set your preferred speed and follow distance using your HR-V’s Adaptive Cruise Control feature, you’ll be able to glide with the flow of traffic without ever pressing your brake pedal. The system automatically slows you down when you’re approaching another vehicle, and brings you up to your preferred speed on the open road.
- Lane Guidance and Departure Mitigation: With a Lane Keeping Assist System and a Road Departure Mitigation System, you’ll be gently guided towards the center of your lane whenever you start to stray over a line, or over the road’s shoulder. An additional Lane Departure Warning beeps to alert you if you start to cross over a dividing line.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: The HR-V’s Forward Collision Warning can let you know when you’re in danger of colliding with an obstacle in front of you. If its warning isn’t sufficient to slow you down, the Collision Mitigation Braking System takes over, bringing you to a complete stop automatically.
HR-V Active and Driver-Assistive Features
Every HR-V comes fully-loaded with awareness-enhancing, performance-improving features that you’ll use every time you get behind the wheel. Moreover, because Honda’s All-Wheel Drive technology is available on all models—and standard on the Touring trim—it’s easy to drive with more confidence, no matter where your life takes you. We’ve broken down some the HR-V’s most useful Active and Driver-Assistive safety features below.
Honda LaneWatch: The LaneWatch System lets you check your righthand blind spot without turning in your seat! When you activate your turn signal, you’ll see a live feed of this normally hard-to-see area projected directly on a centrally-located screen. It’s standard on the EX and up.
LED Daytime Running Lights: A clear view of the road ahead is the best way to guarantee a safer drive, and with the Honda HR-V’s LED Daytime Running Lights, you’ll enjoy superior visibility, 24 hours a day.
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Staying safe in cramped or crowded spaces becomes a whole lot easier with the HR-V’s Multi-Angle Rearview Camera. Guidelines come standard right from the start, and Dynamic Guidelines are included on every trim other than the baseline LX.
Stability Assistance and All-Wheel Drive: Vehicle Stability Assistance with Traction Control can help to keep you grounded when you’re taking a sharp turn, and it comes standard on every HR-V. Available Real-Time All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Control uses instantaneous feedback in order to determine which wheels have the best grip on the road. The system directs power and torque to these areas to keep you moving forward.
HR-V Passive Safety: A Foundation You Can Depend On
At the end of the day, there isn’t any suite of safety features that can prevent every collision, every time, and it’s just as important as ever to make sure that your vehicle can stand up to potentially-devastating collisions.
- Child Protections: Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children—otherwise known as LATCH—can be found in the 2nd row of all HR-V trim levels. Child Proof Rear Door Locks have also been included on the LX and up.
- Airbags and Seatbelts: Every seating position in the HR-V is protected by three-point seatbelts and adjustable head restraints. Additionally, each trim level offers standard Advanced Front Airbags, SmartVent Front Side Airbags, and Side Curtain Airbags with a Rollover Sensor.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure allows the 2019 Honda HR-V to protect passengers from the most dangerous forces generated during collisions. Parts of this crossover’s body are designed to collapse upon impact, absorbing most of the damage, while other portions remain rigid.
* MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $995.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
** Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.