2019 Honda Odyssey Cargo Space Fits Around Your Changing Needs
Honda Odyssey cargo dimensions adapt around everything from weekly shopping to moving apartments. Whether you’re loading up luggage or slipping in oddly-shaped supplies, the Honda Odyssey changes just as fast as life itself.
The numbers speak for themselves:
- Behind the Third Row – 38.6 cubic feet
- Behind the Second Row – 92 cubic feet
- Behind the First Row – 158 cubic feet
The One-Motion 60/40 Split 3rd-Row Magic Seat and Magic Slide 2nd-Row Seats™ let you slide effortlessly between room for seven, and space for maximum cargo. In fact, you can even remove the rear seats to create enough floor space to lay a stack of 4-by-8 plywood sheets.
Those 2nd-row seats are just as handy when you’re taking multiple passengers. As seen below, you can:
- Move the entire row toward the center of the vehicle- ideal for bringing kids closer to the driver and providing easier access to the 3rd row.
- Slide seats from side to side- for added space and a wide path to the back row.
You’d be doing the Honda Odyssey a disservice to assume those cavernous cargo dimensions are all it offers in the way of storage.
Just a few further smart solutions include:
- Lockable glove compartment
- Beverage holders in all rows
- Garment hooks in 2nd and 3rd rows
- Rear storage well
- Lower seat-back pockets (front row)
- Upper seat-back pockets (front row)
You can hang a suit just as easily as you can stow away valuables, but practicality never gets in the way of comfort and class. As summed up by Kelley Blue Book: “All the requisite cup holders and cubbies are in place, but so are high-quality materials and smart, pleasing design.”
Interior Cargo Accessories
Meet every situation life can throw your way with the following Honda Odyssey interior accessories:
- Cargo Bins: Two bins slip beneath your rear 60/40 split seats to provide a 77-lb maximum load capacity for additional storage.
- Cargo Liner: When you’re taking something muddy or dusty, protect the cargo area carpeting- including the floor, sides, and backs of the 2nd-row seats.
- Cargo Mat: Prevent everyday wear and tear with a mat vacuum formed for a custom fit.
- Cargo Net: No more hearing your groceries slide across the cargo area when you turn a corner. Secure them with the cargo net.
- Cargo Tray: Waterproof, rugged, and easy to clean, the cargo tray is perfect for taking muddy boots or wet clothes.
Exterior Cargo Accessories
Whether spending a hot summer day on the lake, or carving through powder during winter, Honda Odyssey cargo accessories personalize your vehicle to fit your lifestyle:
- Cross Bars/Roof Rails: Secure more on top when you run out of interior space or want to keep the cabin clean. Cross bars handle up to 165 lbs.
- Roof Box (Short): Dual-side opening for easy access, the Short Box provides a handy 13 cubic feet of added enclosed and lockable storage.
- Roof Box (Long): Upgrade to a Long Box for up to 16 cubic feet of space.
- Ski/Snowboard Attachment: Hold six pairs of skis or four snowboards. Oversized buttons let you handle loading and unloading with your gloves on.
- Kayak Attachment: Able to handle kayaks up to 36 inches wide and weighing up to 75 lbs, an easy loading platform with pivoting, felt-lined rear saddles helps secure your craft in a flash.
- Frame Mount Bike Attachment: Provides lockable attachments for two bikes.
- Tent: Turn cargo space into living space with a 6-person tent and 6 ft by 6 ft rainfly. Even while inside the tent, you’ll enjoy full access to the vehicle.
- Trailer Hitch: Whether you need to haul a trailer, boat, or ATV, the Trailer Hitch takes full advantage of the Honda Odyssey’s 3,500 lb tow rating.