Honda Odyssey Safety Features Provide World-Class Protection
Active Safety features prevent you putting crash-test ratings to the test. Designed to keep the vehicle fully under your control through every twist and turn, they’re a vital first defense against collisions and other accidents.
Honda engineers understand that peace of mind should come as standard, so the following features are fitted across all models:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist and Location and Pressure Indicators
Driver-assist technology represents the next leap forward in automotive safety, and the Honda Odyssey leads the minivan pack by offering:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): A camera gauges your position on the road and provides a warning if you deviate from your chosen lane without signaling.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Fail to heed the Lane Departure Warning system and corrective steering pressure will be applied.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Scans the area ahead, providing a warning if a frontal collision becomes likely.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): Automatically applies the brakes when a collision is imminent to either avoid it or reduce impact force.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Senses your position on the road and provides corrective steering if you attempt to leave it.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Adjusts cruising speed automatically to maintain a safe distance between your Honda Odyssey and the vehicle ahead.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: High beams turn themselves on and off as vehicles approach and pass
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor: Alerts you to vehicles in your blind spot and scans side to side as you reverse.
This Honda Sensing technology comes with all trims. You even get a Multi-view Rearview Camera as standard for ultra-convenient parking and low-speed maneuvering.
The Honda Odyssey has been designed with top-tier safety in mind from the bottom up. In the unlikely event of a collision, the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure leaps into action to intelligently crumple and direct harmful impact force away from the passenger compartment.
At the same time, a team of advanced airbags works together to cushion you from harm:
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Three-Row Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags
Front 3-point seat belts with Automatic Tensioning Systems adjust according to impact severity, and Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) in the 2nd row seats and outboard 3rd row seats let you secure child seats just as firmly.
Honda Odyssey Safety Rating
Given the Honda Odyssey’s clear commitment to safety, it should come as no surprise to see it earn top marks from even the industry’s toughest crash-test authorities.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.