2019 Honda Fit Safety Features
Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
Safety in the Fit begins with Honda’s innovated Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure. It utilizes a complex network of frame structures to absorb crash energy and distribute it away from the occupants inside the cabin. It also minimizes the amount of force transferred to the other vehicle involved, keeping everyone on the road safer.
Airbags, Seatbelts, and Locks
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat Belt Reminder
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
Active Safety Features
The Fit comes with a long list of standard active safety features to enhance its performance on the road in different weather and road conditions. These features help the Fit maintain good tractive control with the road and come to a complete stop more quickly, and ensures that the Fit is clearly visible to other drivers while illuminating the way ahead.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Daytime Running Lights
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
Every model of the Honda Fit comes equipped with a multi-angle rearview camera that allows drivers to check their surroundings before reversing. The camera includes three different angles, each offering drivers an optimal view in different situations.
- Normal View – Allows you to check for a clear path behind the Fit, to see objects that are normally too low to see in the mirror, before backing out.
- Wide View – A wide view allows drivers to see pedestrians, vehicles, or cyclists, that may be approaching the rear from either side.
- Top-Down View – A top-down view is particularly helpful when parallel parking.
Honda Sensing is a suite of driver-assistive technology features that help drivers drive more safely. It includes systems that prevent, warn, and mitigate incidents and impacts. Honda Sensing is available on the entry-level LX model, as well as the Sport model, when paired with the CVT transmission. The EX and EX-L include the Honda Sensing package as a part of its standard
- Forward Collision Warning – Front sensors detect when an oncoming vehicle or other object is dangerously approaching the Fit and issues a warning to the driver to take swift action.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Fit begins to sway out of its lane on the highway, this system warns the driver to steady the steering.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Front sensors detect a potential oncoming collision before impact and can engage the brakes to mitigate any damage.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Fit rolls over lane lines or road markings, this system can engage the brakes and steering to prevent the Fit from going off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Lane Departure Warning goes on unheeded, this system can nudge the steering of the Fit to bring it back into the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select their desired speed and distance interval from the vehicle ahead, and this system naturally adapts to changes in the flow of traffic without any additional input from the driver.
Standard on the EX and EX-L models is Honda LaneWatch. It utilizes a small camera mounted on the passenger’s side mirror to display a live video feed of activity going on in the driver’s blind spot when a right lane change is signaled. The video will display on the 7-inch audio touchscreen and allows drivers to see up to four times more than using the mirrors alone.
Other Safety Features Throughout the Trim Levels
As drivers explore the trim levels, they’ll find even more features geared toward safety. Hands-free and voice recognition technology allows drivers to access devices, input instructions into the navigation system, and send and receive text messages without having to take their hands off the wheel and their eyes off the road.
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock
- Fog Lights
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
- SMS Text Message Function
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition