2018 Honda Fit Embraces Technology
Standard Comfort Technology
According to reviewers at Car and Driver, the Fit’s “tech is a standout in the subcompact class.” The entry-level LX model has a long and robust list of technology equipment that bolsters comfort inside. Drivers can expect features such as air conditioning with air-filtration system, power windows and door locks with programmable auto-locking doors, illuminated steering wheel–mounted controls, cruise control, 12-volt power outlets in the front and in the center console, a rear window defroster, and more.
Standard Entertainment Features
The standard tech offerings continue into the realm of entertainment with features inside the LX that include:
- 160-Watt Audio System with 4 Speakers – With crystal-clear sound and rich tones, this audio system lets you hear every note of your favorite songs.
- 5-Inch Color LCD Screen – The screen inside the Fit is designed so that drivers and passengers can navigate through the controls intuitively, putting everything right at your fingertips.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio – Sync up your devices and audio content via Bluetooth so you can listen to your favorite artists or stream podcasts seamlessly without having to take your hands off the wheel.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – When the Fit slows down, as in a merging situation or through a school zone, the audio volume will automatically soften to eliminate distractions and let drivers concentrate on the task at hand. Once you accelerate again, the tunes will crank back up.
The 2018 Honda Fit has safety as a priority, with a large portion of its technology serving to help drivers drive better and safer on the road.
Honda LaneWatch – The EX and EX-L models come standard with a camera mounted on the passenger-side mirror to monitor activity in the driver’s blind spot. When a right lane change is signaled, a live video feed will display on the audio interface inside the Fit, allowing drivers to see up to four times more than using the mirror alone.
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – With three different views—normal, wide, and top-down—this camera lets drivers make sure their surroundings are clear and safe before they back up.
Daytime Running Lights – Illuminate the road ahead while also ensuring that the Fit stays visible to other drivers, no matter what the weather or lighting conditions.
The safety technology gets expanded even more with the Honda Sensing package coming available on the LX and Sport models with CVT and standard on the EX and EX-L models. This suite of driver-assistance technology includes:
- Lane Keeping Assist System – This system uses sensors to detect when the Fit sways or rolls over lane lines on the road and can gently nudge the steering to bring the Fit back to the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – This upgraded cruise control allows drivers to set the desired speed as well as a distance interval with the vehicle ahead and balances between these two settings, keeping the Fit naturally within the flow of traffic without any extra input from the driver.
- Forward Collision Warning – This system can detect when the Fit is dangerously approaching an oncoming vehicle or other object and alert the driver to a potential collision.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the Forward Collision Warning is not heeded by the driver in time, this system can engage the braking automatically in order to mitigate any impact.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Fit starts to stray from its lane on the highway without a signal change, this system can alert the driver to correct and bring the vehicle steadily back into the center of the lane.
- Road Departure Warning – This system uses sensors to detect if the Fit rolls over lane lines or road markings and can warn the driver that the vehicle is heading off the road.
More Technology Throughout the Trim Levels
For drivers who want even more comfort, entertainment, and convenience technology inside their Fit, the upper trim levels offer upgrades to the standard offerings as well as exclusive features. As you explore the Sport, EX, and EX-L models, drivers can expect to find:
- Push-Button Start
- 18-Watt Audio System with 6 Speakers
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touchscreen with High Resolution and Customizable Feature Settings
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Pandora Compatibility
- SMS Text Message Function
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition