2019 Honda Ridgeline Safety Features
Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
The Ridgeline has a deep commitment to safety that is built right into its body structure. Honda’s innovative and unique Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure utilizes a network of frame structures to absorb crash energy and distribute it away from the occupants. It also minimizes the amount of force transferred to the other vehicle involved, keeping everyone safer.
Airbags, Seatbelts, and Locks
The Ridgeline includes a long list of passive safety features—including airbags, seatbelts, and locks—that may go unnoticed at first glance but are there when you need them most.
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Three-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front Three-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
Active Safety Features
Safety meets performance with the many active safety features in the Ridgeline. These features help the Ridgeline maintain good tractive control with the road, come to a complete stop more quickly in an emergency braking situation, and ensure that the Ridgeline is clearly visible to other drivers.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Tire Fill Assist
- Daytime Running Lights
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
Every model of the Ridgeline comes equipped with a multi-angle rearview camera that allows drivers to check their surroundings before backing up. And with guidelines as a standard feature and dynamic guidelines as an upgrade on the upper trim levels, drivers can maneuver in and out of tight spaces with ease. The camera includes three different angles, each offering an optimal view for different situations.
- Normal View – Check for a clear path behind the Ridgeline before reversing.
- Wide View – This wider view allows drivers to see vehicles, pedestrians, or cyclists who may be approaching from the rear.
- Top-Down View – Especially helpful when parallel parking
Standard on the RTL-T trim is Honda LaneWatch which utilizes a small camera mounted on the passenger’s side mirror to monitor activity in the driver’s blind spot. The camera displays a live video feed on the eight-inch audio touchscreen when a right lane change is signaled. Drivers can see up to four times more than using the mirrors alone.
Honda Sensing is a suite of driver-assistive technology features that help drivers see more, do more, and drive safely on the road. The package comes standard on the RTL-E and Black Edition and includes systems that warn, prevent, and mitigate impacts.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If a vehicle or other object is dangerously approaching the Ridgeline, this system can engage the brakes to mitigate any impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Ridgeline rolls over lane lines or road markings, this system can engage the brakes and steering to prevent the Ridgeline from running off the road.
- Forward Collision Warning – Front sensors detect when an oncoming vehicle is dangerously approaching the Ridgeline and warns the driver to take swift action.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Ridgeline begins to sway out of its lane on the highway, this system will warn the driver to correct the steering.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Lane Departure Warning goes on unheeded, this system nudges the steering to bring the Ridgeline back into the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select their desired speed and distance from the vehicle ahead, and this system naturally adjusts to the changes in the flow of traffic.
More Safety Throughout the Trim Levels
As drivers explore the upper trim levels, there are even more safety technology features to note. A Blind Spot Information System upgrades Honda LaneWatch as a way to monitor blind spot activity, and a navigation system features voice recognition so drivers can give instructions without taking their hands off the wheel.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- Smart Entry with Walk-Away Auto Lock