When it comes to small cars, it’s tough to beat the Civic. The 2015 Honda Civic starts off with a well-equipped basic trim level and a fuel-efficient engine, and if you want more in the way of features, there are a total of four trim levels you can choose from. Its main differences from the Accord include:
- Engine: The 2015 Civic LX CVT features a 143-hp 1.8L four-cylinder engine with 127 lb-ft of torque that earns an EPA-estimated 39 highway and 30 city mpg.*
- Space: Honda’s small car doesn’t feel small with 94.6 cubic feet of passenger space and seating for five.
- Price: The entry-level 2015 Civic LX Sedan has a price of $18,490(MSRP),** making it one of the most easily affordable sedans available.
If you like what the Civic has to offer but wish it had a more spacious interior or gave you more available options, then you should take a look at the 2015 Honda Accord. The 2015 Accord Sedan is available in six different trim levels, features two different engine options, and has 103.2 cubic feet of passenger space available.
In addition to the Touring trim level, which has some safety features that are unavailable on the Civic, the Accord differentiates itself by its two engines and its price:
- Four-Cylinder Engine: The 2015 Accord LX Sedan with CVT has a 185-hp 2.4L four-cylinder engine with 181 lb-ft of torque rated at an EPA-estimated 36 highway and 27 city mpg.*
- V6 Engine: The 2015 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan has an automatic transmission, is rated at 278 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque, and earns an EPA-estimated 34 highway and 21 city mpg.*
- Price: The basic 2015 Honda Accord LX Sedan has a price of $22,105 (MSRP),** setting it a bit above the Civic for the upgraded engine and interior space.
Test Drive a Honda Sedan
Let us show you what each of these sedans is capable of; visit a New England Honda Dealer today for a test drive of the Civic, the Accord, or both.
*Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $820.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set their own prices.