There are few vehicles that are as versatile as Honda SUVs, and with the addition of the new compact crossover HR-V, there are options for nearly any driver. Each of these Honda SUVs can be had with all-wheel drive and has room for at least five passengers (the Pilot can hold up to eight), but what sets them all apart?
The Compact HR-V
The 2016 Honda HR-V is available in three different trim levels, with the basic model sporting features that include:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink for phone and audio
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- 5-inch color LCD screen
- Honda Magic Seat
- USB audio interface
One of the main things that sets the HR-V apart from the other Honda SUVs is its size. Built on the Fit platform, the HR-V has no trouble zipping in and out of city streets and parallel parking while still offering a versatile and spacious interior that makes it more crossover than small car. Add on the 2016 HR-V 2WD LX CVT model’s EPA-estimated 35 highway mpg,* and it’s easy to see why so many New Englanders have been excited for the HR-V.
The Mid-Size CR-V
Like the HR-V, the 2015 Honda CR-V has seating for five, but it sets itself apart with its larger size and larger engine:
- The 2015 CR-V has 104.1 cubic feet of passenger space to the HR-V’s 100.1 cubic feet.
- Under the hood is a 185-hp 2.4L four-cylinder to the 141 hp four-cylinder of the HR-V.
- The CR-V has a new Touring trim level that comes with accident prevention Honda Sensing technology.
Put simply, if you’re looking for a versatile crossover SUV but want something a bit bigger and more powerful than the HR-V, the CR-V is for you.
The Full-Size Pilot
When you need the space of a minivan and the power of a pickup truck, this full-size Honda SUV has you covered. The 2016 Honda Pilot is about more than just raw specs, though it certainly has those. The new generation of this SUV features aerodynamic styling and a luxurious interior as well as a brand new Elite trim level.
But when you want the specs alongside the style and features, the Pilot delivers:
- The 3.5L V6 engine powering the SUV is rated at 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
- The Pilot’s new engine can be had with a brand new nine-speed automatic transmission as well as an idle stop system to help improve overall fuel efficiency.
- The Pilot interior has seating for up to eight in 152.9 cubic feet of passenger space.
Find Your Honda SUV
Whether you’re looking for the compact HR-V, the full-size Pilot, or the mid-range CR-V, there’s a Honda SUV at New England Honda Dealers for you. Let us put you behind the wheel of one or more of them so you can find out which is right for you.
*Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.